What’s Going on Around NoMad NY This Fall
Wednesday October 19, 2011
Being centered in one of the busiest, up and coming neighborhoods in New York certainly has it’s benefits — for one we never get board! Even if you don’t live or work right here in NoMad like we do, it’s an easy commute to come in and check out all that it hast to offer. The events around the area are constantly changing, and this fall is no different, so we took the liberty of putting together some of the best events taking place in or around NoMad this fall!
- The Comics Stripped exhibit at the Museum of Sex is a photographic history of risque drawings and cartoons that dates back as far as the 1930s. So you can check out all the drawings from Disney to Marge Simpson’s infamous Playboy cover!
- Swing through Madison Square Park for another excellent public installation. This season includes Alison Saar’s new installation, Feallen and Fallow on the Madison Square Park’s oval lawn. The four sculptures on display are women embodying the four seasons, and are some really amazing works of art.
- It’s back another installment of one of our favorite events, Madison Square Eats. This fall has some of the best vendors in NYC, including Asia Dog, Roberta’s, Eataly and many many more!
- For all you adventurous art enthusiasts out there, we do have an event for you, the Exquisite Corpse Performing Arts Festival. The festival consists of performances, exhibits and activities centered around old surrealist parlor game from the early 1900s.
- Reading Eggs has one simple goal: teach one million kids to read by the end of this school year. They plan to give away five weeks of complete access to the entire program, so go ahead and give your child something special this year.
- Pilates on Fifth is renowned for its excellent fitness program so take advantage of their 90 weekly classes today. Classes range from Barres and Bellies to CARDIOLATES.
View all Headlines