The Best Granola Recipe From Eleven Madison Park
Friday February 17, 2012
One of the finest restaurants in NoMad and Flatiron NYC is without a doubt Eleven Madison Park. The culinary experience there is second to none, and will have you leaving saying, I wish I could eat that food like every second of everyday. Well, the good news is, we can start you off with an Eleven Madison Park breakfast!
The holiday weekend is almost upon us and what better way to kick it off than with a deliciously healthy breakfast courtesy of exectutive chef Daniel Humm — with his recipe for Eleven Madison Park Granola.
Eleven Madison Park Granola Ingredients:
- 2 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Kosher salt to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dried sour cherries
How to Prepare:
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the oats, pistachios, coconut chips, pumpkin seeds and salt.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, warm the sugar, syrup and olive oil until the sugar has just dissolved. Fold liquid into the oat mixture, making sure to coat the dry ingredients well.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and spread granola over it. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring granola a few times along the way.
- Remove granola from oven, and mix in the dried sour cherries. Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to a storage container. Makes about 6 cups, 12 (1/2-cup) servings.
And that’s it! Enjoy an amazing breakfast this weekend that is worthy of one of the best restaurants in NYC!
View all Headlines